What is #GivingEveryday?
- Two years ago, #GivingTuesday began on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, as a way to offset the commercialism of Black Friday & Cyber Monday. People were encouraged to give to the charity of their choice & share with their friends, using the hashtag #GivingTuesday to encourage others to give that day as well. (think “Ice Bucket Challenge”)
- The campaign has been very successful & will no doubt be even larger this year than last. It has become a way for nonprofits to engage younger, more tech-savvy donors and raise awareness for their causes.
- However, the #GivingTuesday campaign only focuses on one day. We want to encourage donors & volunteers to engage more than just once a year.
- #GivingEveryday is Options Now’s answer to that discrepancy. We are encouraging people to give time, talents, & treasure, starting now during the holidays & continuing through the entire year!
- Leading up to December 2 (Giving Tuesday), we have launched a Volunteer Appreciation campaign to highlight volunteers & the jobs they do to give everyday. We also are encouraging donations during this time, particularly encouraging donors to share their donation with their friends as a “Challenge” to raise funds & awareness for Options Now and our work in the community on behalf of women & babies.
How can I get involved?
- PRAY! No campaign is successful that isn’t undergirded with prayer. We would love for this campaign to be a huge success, garnering new volunteers & donors…but none of that is possible without the Lord going before us & preparing hearts and minds.
- “Like” and “Share” posts on Facebook (visit our Facebook Page, O.N. Partners for Life, by clicking here). These posts will highlight our faithful volunteers & all the fantastic work they do around Options Now & Repeat Boutique Thrift Store.
- These posts will also be on our website…be sure to share with your friends to show them what God is doing through volunteers!
Be creative! If you already volunteer, ask a friend to come with you on a tour & pray that they’ll be moved to volunteer as well. If you already give, challenge a friend to help you raise a certain amount by the end of the year. Give a percentage of your sales on December 2 to Options Now. Coordinate your Sunday School class to volunteer at Repeat Boutique Thrift Store on Saturday. Throw a “Birthday Party for Jesus” and collect baby supplies for Options Now patients. Coordinate a baby shower for Options Now for your church group or community group.
- Whatever you do to help, let others know about it! Matthew 6:3 says to let your giving be done in secret, but that is so that we do not receive any glory for our giving. Using your giving as a challenge to others, planting seeds & giving them ideas so that they can take that first step toward giving, volunteering, & getting involved in God’s work at Options Now!